CREATE LIKE YOU MEAN IT
Welcome to CREATE LIKE YOU MEAN IT! I am David Limrite, an artist, educator and a visual artists coach. This fine art and coaching blog intends to be a creative experiment, an extension of my art and coaching and a piece of art in it’s own right. It will be a forum for my thoughts, ideas and teachings, as well as, my own art and creativity. It will be full of visuals and videos, as well as, words. It will be entertaining, fun, informative, revealing and educational.
My goals for this blog as an artist are to:
- Get the word out about my own art and special projects
- Reveal more about the procedures and techniques I use to create my work
- Include readers in the creation of my work
- Strengthen my bond with other artists, my readers and followers, and anyone else who is genuinely interested in what I am doing
- Write about who and what inspires me
- Share information
- Chronicle my successes and failures
- Use it as a learning tool for myself
- Introduce readers to some amazing people and artists
As a visual artists coach, with the intent of helping artists be better, happier and more productive artists, I will discuss such topics as:
- Cultivating your individuality
- Resistance and avoidance
- Progress not perfection
- Overcoming self doubt and creative blockages
- Keeping your inner critic at bay
- The power of intention and focus
- You are creative enough
- Building momentum
- The interesting path vs the safe path
- How to handle creative disasters
- Owning your creativity
- And much more…
I will encourage my readers to post comments share their thoughts and discuss their experiences with each of these topics to provide a forum for interaction. Also, please let me know what other topics you would like to see explored.
One of the first projects to appear in this blog will be an on going series in words, pictures and video chronicling the creation of a new series of work for my first museum exhibition opening in January 2014 at the San Luis Obispo Museum of Art in central California. I am extremely excited about this exhibit and about taking you along for the ride.
This is going to be one amazing journey!
I hope you will join me and learn along with me as you read about my thoughts, questions, answers, problems, solutions, trials and tribulations, successes, failures, struggles, choices, decisions, resistance, fears, summoned courage, actions and intentions in my everyday heroic efforts to create.