BEING AN ARTIST
The process should remain unfamiliar and full of surprises. The materials stubbornly assert their own particularity. The material is never wrong. It’s only me that can be wrong.
Being an artist means:
- that you make art
- that you trust the process
- that you love the process
- that your whole focus should be on the activity
- that you are a collaborator with your work and your materials
- that you create your art for you first and foremost
- that you remain open to new possibilities and combinations
- that you are always curious about what a painting can be
- that you are a life-long learner
- that you persevere no matter what
- that you trust your instincts and your intuition
- that you constantly strive to make your work more personal.
Being an artist means that you own it. And that when people ask what you do, you emphatically say, “ I am an artist.”
- Lecture: “Your Creativity Matters ” | Paso Robles Art Association | Monday, June 27, 6:30 pm
[FREE FOR ARTISTS]
THE ART OF CREATING:
11 TIPS TO MAKE YOUR ART BETTER
Discover 11 Key Tips to improve not only the quality of your art but the art making process as well.