CLARIFY YOUR ARTISTIC INTENTIONS (PART 1)
I am ending the year with several explorations of new techniques and ideas. Which is making me happy and eager to start 2015 on a creative note.
“The artist should not only paint what he sees before him, but also what he sees within him.”
~Caspar David Friedrich
As we head into 2015, I thought it might be a good idea for all of us to clarify our artistic intentions. Below is a list of questions to help you do just that. I will reveal my very personal answers to these questions next Sunday.
Clarifying Your Artistic Intentions:
1. What does a good art making session look like?
2. What do I want to create?
3. Who am I trying to please?
4. Is it about process or product?
5. Which part of the process or product makes me happy?
6. What gets in the way of my creativity?
7. When I finish a project, what would I like in return?
8. What does my level of commitment towards my creativity look like in 2015?
9. What will I have to sacrifice?
10. How will I measure success?
I hope that you find these questions intriguing and will spend some time thinking about them. If you choose to answer them - be honest with yourself. I would love to hear what you come up with.